Monday, December 31, 2012

Where Does the Time Go?

How did it become December 31? In just 118 days, I get to marry the most wonderful man I've ever met. I get to build a home with him, start a family with him, and giggle with him every single day for the rest of my life. What an honor!!

In these past few months, much has happened. I was "off the grid" for a while due to the High Holy Days (professional hazard), and then Seth had a much-needed medical procedure. After that, his parents threw us a GINORMOUS engagement party here on Long Island in early December (I'll post some pics soon). And, somehow, it is now almost 2013.

I've always witnessed the drama of wedding planning from the outside. Being the rabbi, and counseling so many couples, I have heard so many stories of family histrionics and upheaval related to the nuptials. This has allowed me to understand all of it rationally, but now, for the first time, it is MY life that gets thrown a loop each time something (or someONE) happens. Crazy how the emotions get involved, no?

So, I'm learning a lot - about the kind of woman I want to be, the kind of wife I want to be, the kind of family I want to start, etc. I am learning when to put my foot down about something, and when to bend. It is fascinating to be given the opportunity to determine what is REALLY and TRULY important to you, and what just isn't.

We have a shower coming up in three weeks, bridesmaids' dresses have been ordered, and bachelorette party plans are taking shape. It's all so exciting, and I am loving every moment (even the learning experiences).

Can't wait to start 2013 - the YEAR OF OUR WEDDING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment