Tuesday, August 28, 2012

8 Months to Go!!

Well, holy moly! Thanks to an email from The Knot, I just was told that I will be getting married in EIGHT MONTHS!!! AHHH!!!

I don't know, that seems really far away. If I had my way, I'd have married Seth yesterday. I love him so much, and I am so ready for this new chapter of our lives to begin. If I sound impatient, it's because I am (at least about this). He is so sweet, gentle, and supportive, and I know that he will make a wonderful husband and father.

I've just come back to work after a lovely vacation. Having the time off allowed me to finalize the venue, the Lincolnshire Marriott Resort in Illinois. While I was home two weeks ago, my mom and I did a whirlwind tour of seven venues in two and a half days. I had my heart set on the Marriott, but was more than willing to be wowed by another site. Luckily, we visited the other locations first, so by the time we got to the Marriott, we could truly appreciate all the differences.

The woman we met with, Linda, is the ONLY one who actually took time to get to know us. She wanted to hear how Seth and I met. She even wanted to hear about my brother, Adam's, upcoming wedding to Melissa in Minnesota. She wanted to know my vision, my dream wedding, and how we might create it together. I felt so cared for and truly listened to. If working with them all continues to move this smoothly, then we are in for a treat!

I also met with the florist, Tina and Dollie, LTD, and Dollie really helped me formalize my vision for the colors (RED!!!) and the flowers. Between her, my mom, and me, we realized that I've been leaning towards a more 1920's, Art Deco look. And, yes, that means there will be some feathers and pearls involved :)

The registries are pretty much done (so, THERE, Knot - we've already finished that part of the planning). We went with Bloomingdales, Target, and Bed, Bath, and Beyond. The three locations allowed us to choose a heck of a lot of different items for our home, and we had so much fun envisioning what it's going to be like using them in the future.

I'm glad that such good things are already coming together - I should really go on my annual "High Holy Day Lockdown" and just focus on that for the next few weeks. I'll be able to put the wedding onto the back burner for a few weeks, knowing that so much is already falling into place!!

No comments:

Post a Comment