Thursday, July 19, 2012

To Stream or Not To Stream...

I am overwhelmed by all the love I receive from my congregation. I truly am - and I feel so lucky to be a part of this particular community. My congregation is warm and caring, and they LOVE looking after me.

So far, in the last month of engagement, we've all enjoyed sharing the engagement story, the story behind the ring, the dress shopping, even the decision over where to register. I feel like I have at least 500 additional mothers checking on the wedding process (in the best of ways)!

Seth and I have decided to get married in Chicago, which is where I am from, as well as where the great majority of my family is still located. Thus, my congregation won't be able to be there (never mind how much it would cost to include an additional 1500 people...).

We plan on holding a celebration at my temple sometime very near the wedding - like a Havadalah with small noshes, or even a special oneg shabbat after we hold our aufruf.

But, then, one of my congregants suggested something: "Maybe you could stream your wedding online, Rabbi, so that we can all see it???"

Hmmm.....could be fun - especially for all of our relatives and friends who may not be able to make it to Chicago. I hadn't even thought of doing this. And it would be very special for my congregation, too, I would imagine.

What would YOU do? Do you think that you might choose to stream your wedding ceremony online?

No comments:

Post a Comment