Thursday, July 26, 2012

Identity "Crises"

Hello from camp! It's already been amazing to be here, to reunite with old friends, to make new friends, and to create new memories.

I'm experiencing an odd convergence of various aspects of my identity. I know that they don't have to be separate, per se, but I still find myself noticing the strangeness.

Here, at camp, I am -

  1. Rabbi
  2. Teacher
  3. Friend
  4. Camper
  5. Bride
  6. 13 year old
  7. 34 year old
  8. Girl
  9. Woman
  10. Blogger
  11. Tweeter
  12. Jew
  13. Pop Culture Fanatic
  14. Comic Book Fan
  15. Singer
  16. Drama Queen
  17. Sister
  18. Daughter
Maybe that's why I like it here? I miss Seth so much, and I think the reason why I really want him to visit me here is because he'll understand me that much more. Camp was such a HUGELY transformative experience for me, and I guess I hope that, just as Seth has loved all the other parts of me, that he will love "Camp Marci," just as easily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment